Most Inspiring Places Around The World

Some places are so beautiful, you can hardly believe they are real just by looking at photos of them. But I can promise you, the following ten places actually exist. I’ve been there and it was me who took those photos 🙂

Our planet is a source of inspiration, you only have to walk through it with open eyes as well as an open mind!
Here’s my top ten list of the most inspiring places I’ve been to all around the world.

10. Hallstatt, Austria

Hallstatt is a fairytale town, surrounded by mountains. Especially in winter, when snow coveres the roofs of the old wooden houses, and lightchains pierce through the branches of colorful decorated chrismastrees, it feels like being in a beautiful dream of your childhood.

Hallstatt on a magical winter morning, Austria. Prints are avialable here

Snow covered roofs, Hallstatt. Prints are available here

9. Tongariro, New Zealand

It’s a challenging hike to the top of this active volcano in New Zealand, but the vistas are incredible. The hike includes steaming moonscapes, a walk through a crater as well as beautiful views of the barren lands around and the emerald volcanic lakes.

Tongariro Alpine Crossing, New Zealand. Prints are available here

8. Lake Bohinj, Slovenia

While everybody’s heading to the more popular Lake Bled, a short detour to lake Bohinj should be on your schedule. It’s less crowded and therefore very peaceful. In summer it sparkles in an emerald color and in winter, the mountains surrounding it are mirrored in the crystal clear waters. Be aware if you dare to swim in it! Is very cold, even on hot summer days.

Lake Bohinj on a beautiful winters day, Slovenia. Get prints here

7. Cirque Mafate, La Réunion

La Réunion, a tiny island, close to Mauritius in the southern Indian Ocean is a true gem. Despite its small size, it offers a lot of great hiking (including a climb of the tallest mountain in the Indian Ocean) as well as incredible views. The trails lead you through dense jungles and very humid areas, to sharp volcanic peaks piercing through the clouds.

Volcanic Peaks at Cirque Mafate, La Réunion. Prints are available here

6. Valley of Fire, Nevada

The valley of fire in Neavada lays in a desert landscape. It’s a few minutes hike from the parking lot to a wave like rock formation. Bring lots of water, it’s hot there all year round.

Incredible View at the Valley of Fire, Nevada. Prints are available here

5. Škocjan Cave, Slovenia

In southern Slovenia, you can find the largest underground cavern in the world. The river Reka, which is already piercing through the limestone for millions of years, created that cavern. It’s not allowed to take photos inside of the cave, but prepare to be inpressed when you see its size for the first time! The trails are very safe, but make sure you’re not scared of heights, as you walk along a cliff and have to cross bridges.

The hidden entrance of Škocjan cave, Slovenia. Prints are available here

The river Reka which created the caves, Slovenia. Get prints here

4. Rarotonga, Cook Islands

Imagine a remote Island, in the middle of the southern pacific ocean. Just imagine that. And now add some incredible sunrises, great food, beautiful mountains, lovely people, a white sandy beach and another tiny island within the colorful reef. This is Rarotonga.

Burning skies at sunrise, Rarotonga. Prints are available here

3. Nothern Norway

Yes it’s cold, and yes the sun doesn’t rise at all in winter, but therefore you get endless dawns, when the skies turn in the most beautiful shades of orange and red and the nothern lights dance above your head during the stairy nights. Nothern Norway in winter is incredible. And getting through the cold nights outside is part of the experience.

Nothern Lights, Norway. Prints are available here

Eternal Dawn, Norway. Get Prints here

2. Pag Island, Croatia

An hour by ferry away from the mainland, lies the beautiful island of Pag. Its backcountry is what makes it so special. The dry lands stretch endlessly across the island, only interrupted by salt lakes.

Walking along the road, facing the mountains, Pag. Prints are available here

1. Arabian Desert, UAE

Watching a sunset in the desert is an experience you will for sure never forget. The tall sand dunes cast shadows across the landscapes, the winds softly run through your hair, and you stand there, speechless, watching the shining ball of fire setting in the distance, displaying all shades of colors in the skies.

Enjoying the view, UAE. Prints are available here

Advertisements

61 Comments Add yours

1. Eli Pacheco says:

What beautiful places. I think the places that take my breath away are those that aren’t well-known for such beauty. You go there and you see them and wonder why the whole world isn’t there, too. But you’re also kind of glad the whole world isn’t, and that you’ll fully appreciate it for everyone on your own.

Beautifully expressed. I feel exactly the same 🙂

2. Your photos are beautiful and your adventures are epic thank you for sharing. May you always find peace fun love and light on your journeys

You are very welcome. And thank you so much 😊

3. Beautiful photos. And some places I would love to see in person 🙂

1. vastfreedom says:

Thank you! 🙂 If you need any more information about those places, feel free to ask! 🙂

4. Great list and awesome pictures.

Thank you Matthew!

5. Amazing photos! And wonderful adventures! I look forward to reading more.
    Thank you for following my blog.

Thank you also Michael!

6. twobrownfeet says:

Stunning captures of some of the most gorgeous places in the world. Thanks for sharing! I hope we can make it someday.
    Cheryl

1. vastfreedom says:

Thank you Cheryl! I wish you all the best for your travel plans and also hope you will make it to the places you want to visit one day!

7. Brad Nixon says:

You report on a welcome variety of places that are new to me. Plus, you certainly captured a better look at the Valley of Fire, the only one of these places I’ve been. I look forward to seeing more. Thank you for following Under Western Skies.

1. vastfreedom says:

Thank you too Brad! I chose those lesser known places on purpose, because I didn’t want to write about places, people have heard of many times before. Valley of Fire is incredible, isn’t it?

8. Brad Nixon says:

Sorry, I meant to type “liking,” not “following.” Pardon me, please.

9. I am really glad that you are blogging again. These are amazing places and beautiful photographs (descriptions also applicable to photographer). Actually thinking about this again I do not like you (I must work on my jealousy 🙂 ) I would really like go to Tongariro (inter alia)

1. vastfreedom says:

Thanks again Abrie! I didn’t find a lot of time during the past year to write a lot, because I was busy with studies as well as travelling, I still am, but I kind of missed sharing my experienced with the world. Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha I hope you can get over it and like me again 😉 you should definitly go to Tongariro! It’s incredible 🙂 if you need any more information about it, please just ask! 🙂

10. I enjoyed your interesting list of places and the photos are amazing, particularly Eternal Dawn and walking along the road.

Thank you very much Caroline! 🙂

11. Absolutely Beautiful!!!

1. You are so welcome. I really enjoyed going on the jaunt with you. Tyvm

12. Dave says:

Absolutely beautiful.

13. Amazing photos! Thanks for hopping aboard The Guitar Train and liking a post.

1. vastfreedom says:

You are very welcome, and thank you too for the lovely comment! 🙂

14. wordstoreadbyblog says:

Beautiful photos…an inspiring post to think about beautiful places

1. vastfreedom says:

I’m very glad you like it, thank you!

15. I think travel is equally important to a university degree to gain knowledge.

1. vastfreedom says:

Yes, I absolutely agree. I’ve learned a lot more about the world when travelling than in any of my studies!

16. I had to come back for another look, these are just that beautiful. Loved your description too☺

Awe thank you so much! I really appreciate it ❤

17. Nikola says:

Stunning pictures of really incredible places! Thank you for stopping by!

18. Ankur Mithal says:

Though I am not quite the intrepid traveller, I have been fortunate to have visited Halstatt, no. 1 on your list, a few years back and I fully agree with yr assessment. In fact, Austria as a whole turned out to be a beautiful trip over a week.

1. vastfreedom says:

Austria is my homecountry. I’m very glad you enjoyed your time there 🙂

19. Wow, two places in Slovenia! You must have felt really inspired in my country of origin, great to see.

I love Slovenia. It’s a true gem! It has so much to offer 🙂

20. Joanne Sisco says:

Wow! A stunning selection of photos! I would be hard-pressed to pick a favourite, although seeing the Northern LIghts again is very high on my list.
    You seen some mighty spectacular corners of the world!

1. vastfreedom says:

Thank you very much Joanne! I hope you get to see the Nothern Lights again soon! 🙂 They are incredible aren’t they?

1. Joanne Sisco says:

Most certainly!! Seeing them in beautiful Norway was a bonus for you 🙂

2. vastfreedom says:

Where did you see them? 🙂

3. Joanne Sisco says:

I grew up in Northern Canada. I saw them in my hometown in Northern Ontario.
        Funny, at the time it didn’t seem like a big thing … like ‘oh, the Northern Lights are out tonight’. Now I would LOVE to have a chance to see them again!

21. Many years ago, I shared a class with a kid from Rarotonga, but that’s the first time I’ve actually seen the place. Thank you.

1. vastfreedom says:

That’s so nice that you share a class with someone from a place so far away. Thank you very much Richard.

22. Buffy Devane says:

Fabulous pics… such wonderful colours, from frozen places to sizzling hot locations (!)
    What a great passion to have — I hope you don’t stop until you’ve been everywhere you want to go. 🙂

1. vastfreedom says:

Thank you so much. I really appreciate what you said. And I want to go everywhere 😉

23. annicaaktiv says:

Wow! Beautifully 🙂

24. TRULY inspirational. This s amazing. Thank you for your interest in my blog and I certainly look forward to following yours!

1. vastfreedom says:

Thank you! Love your story about kindness and the adopted dog who found a great home!

25. At the age of 62 I’m still exploring the United States so I’ve only been to one on your list.

1. vastfreedom says:

To which one have you been to? I think even if someone would spend a lifetime traveling the US, he or she would never be able to visit every beautiful place.

26. Spectacular work from all over the world! Your photos belong in a large coffee table book.

1. vastfreedom says:

That’s so nice that you say that, it really motivates me. Thank you so much 🙂

27. I can’t get over how incredible your photos are. So beautiful.

1. vastfreedom says:

I don’t know what to say except of thank you very much. That’s so kind from you!

1. It’s true. And you are welcome.